Sunday, October 19, 2014

Princeton 70.3

Training with friends is the best part of racing.
Yoga with my friend Bill

The girls on a bike ride 

Random Sunday bike rides with my team mates 

And sometimes not so run. 

I'm just glad this was the only injury with friends training. Wish we didn't have any... 

As for the race day... I felt it overall was a good race and yes I would do it again. I loved the location and having my mom there for support. 

Before the race we had lots of time for picture taking since we were all in the last 3 waves. 
I was so glad to have these girls out there on the race course with me. 

The swim 42:30

My swim went pretty well slower than I expected but not bad overall.  I got out of the water feeling good. During the swim I thought I passed Heather. We confirmed it on the bike when she caught up to me. 

The bike 3:40:48

Not the fastest bike time but for me this was a personal best by a lot!  I have improved significantly on the bike since I first started to ride.  Time I spent with friends, especially the girls has paid off.  Love them for putting up with my slowness. 

The run 3:41:48

The run was awful for me!  Starting at mile 2 I knew I was in for a long run.  I started having show issues.  My shoes were too tight due to the heat and my feet swelling.  Ugh. By mile 3-4 I had to stop on the side take off my shoes and stretching my foot out.  This happened several more times on the run.  Ugh. I had to walk a lot during the 1/2 marathon portion. The sun coming out an hour into the run didn't help.  

I haven't been so happy to see a finish line.  As I was this time around.  I couldn't wait to take off my shoes.  But the support on the race course was awesome.
Race support with fellow racer Brian 

My friend and coach helping me get my stuff out of transition.  Notice no shoes. Ouch my feet hurt. 

Best training partner @missfancypants 

I feel like once I get some of my mechanical issues ironed out.  I would like to do another one.  Not sure which one it will be.  Either way Princeton I will be back to get my target time I know I can achieve.   

No comments:

Post a Comment